Colby Community College courses in education are chosen to fulfill the requirements of Kansas four-year institutions. Students are encouraged to check with specific colleges and universities. 

CCC offers Associate of Arts degrees in early childhood-elementary education, and secondary education degrees in English and history. Secondary education Associate of Science degrees are in biological science and mathematics.

The education advisor assists students in completing the general education requirements of the transfer college offering a bachelor's degree. To be eligible for a Kansas teaching license, students must complete the general education requirements set by each university and the State Board of Education.

Education majors may be required to pass the Pre-Professional Skills Test in reading, writing, and mathematics during their first-year student or early sophomore year before admittance to a teacher’s education program at some universities. Students are urged to check P.P.S.T. requirements at other institutions.




Trojan Advising Center
1255 S Range Ave
Colby KS 67701
(785) 460-4701
(785) 460-5513