Transferring to, and from, Colby Community College

Transfer Policy

A student transferring to Colby Community College from any accredited college or university must have official transcripts mailed to:

Registrar's Office
Colby Community College
1255 South Range
Colby, KS 67701

A student may be eligible for an Associate of Arts degree, an Associate of Science degree, an Associate of General Studies degree, an Associate of Applied Science degree, or a certificate program utilizing the credit hours transferred from another accredited institution.

A minimum of 15 semester hours must be completed through Colby Community College.

KBOR Guaranteed Transfer

Course Transfer

There is a growing list of courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas public post-secondary institutions. From College Algebra and English Composition I & II, to Public Speaking and Art History I & II, a student who completes a course listed as a guaranteed transfer course at any Kansas public community college, technical college, or university can be certain that he or she can transfer that course to any other Kansas public institution in pursuit of a degree or credential. 

Kansas Board of Regents Systemwide Transfer Courses.

Visit the Kansas Board of Regents site for more information.


Reverse Transfer

What is Reverse Transfer?

Reverse Transfer allows students to earn the associate degree from the most recently attended community college or technical college by combining credits earned there and credits earned after transferring to a Kansas public university. 

Why do a reverse transfer?

Research indicates that an individual will have more opportunities with more education. On average, associate degree holders earn about $200,000 more over a lifetime than individuals with some college but no degree. 

Transferring to a Four-Year College After CCC

CCC has articulation agreements with many four-year schools. Some of the most common institutions provide guides so Trojans know exactly what will transfer to their new school.




Trojan Advising Center
1255 S Range Ave
Colby KS 67701
(785) 460-4701
(785) 460-5513

Questions? Contact Us.

Registrar's Office
1255 S Range Ave
Colby KS 67701
(785) 460-5509